CONSTRUCTION & FACILITIES MANAGEMENT
Cardinal Group Construction handles all design and construction management for CGM's nationwide portfolio and third-party contracts. The team is comprised of professionals with experience totaling more than 150 projects and $6.5 billion in construction and real estate-related due diligence. Cardinal Group also takes a uniquely integrated approach by working in close coordination with the acquisitions and operations teams to ensure a seamless transition from the business plan, to construction, to stabilization. Aside from the daily management and oversight of the design, construction and project consultants, the Construction Team is involved in the upfront due diligence and underwriting process, as well as long-term capital planning, budgeting and facilities management.
WE GET IT
We focus on the bottom-line and understand that each step of the process has a translatable effect on profit and loss.
Time is money. As owners ourselves, we understand the time value proposition.
The Company’s core values guide our entire process and the relationships we build. We walk the walk, and we mean it.
Budget adherence is always a challenge. Yet, our ownership mindset helps drive decisions and the value engineering process.
Working alongside our property management, accounting, acquisitions, and marketing teams gives us a unique holistic perspective and advantage.
Justified ROI on dollars spent maximizes long-term value, we continuously use this as the basis for decision-making.
• Capital budget development / analysis
• Constructibility / feasibility studies
• Physical due diligence
• Capital reserve planning
• Code compliance / accessibility review
• Lender coordination
• Consultant procurement / coordination
• Pre-construction project reviews
• Design team procurement and contract negotiation
• Development of Owner intent
• Conceptual budget & schedule development / management
• Management of design process from programming through CDs
• Management of sub-contractor buyout and selection
• OAC meeting coordination
• Management of estimating, bidding, and value engineering process
• Management and coordination of FF&E
• Management of general contractor bidding / procurement process
• Make regular jobsite inspections and monitor the work
• Manage OAC meetings to review progress and issues.
• Track and manage Requests for Information (RFIs)
• Review and advise The Owner on all submitted Change Orders.
• Monitor and review the Contractor’s Application for Payment prior to its being submitted to the Owner.
• Monitor to ensure that Contractor is obtaining the required inspections in a timely fashion.
• Monitor construction testing and maintain appropriate log.
• Track and provide updates to the approved budget, contractual commitments, cumulative invoiced
amounts, and projected costs to complete the project.
• Monitor Contractor’s progress, revised schedules, advise the Owner of any schedule issues and assist
with recovery schedules and contingency planning, as necessary.
• Manage the development of the punch list with the Design and Construction team and the Owner.
• Ensure timely completion of all punch list issues and provide final inspections.
• Monitor start-up of all systems and building commissioning activities.
• Assist with all aspects of project close-out, including accumulating assurance that all
sub-contractors and material suppliers have been paid
• Ensure that the “as-built” drawings are prepared and reviewed
• Require every contractor and subcontractor to provide the appropriate warranties
• Ensure the General Contractor organizes and delivers all Operating Manuals to the Owner
for equipment and systems
• Arrange training sessions for staff, presented by the installing subcontractor, of all major
• Manage release of retention held and delivery of valid final waivers of lien from all
subcontractors and suppliers